Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last Day In London

It just keeps getting better and better! Today was my favorite day so far in London. It was a bit exhausting, but totally worth it. This morning we went to The Tower of London!!! This was what I was most excited for about London, and it was even better than I expected!! We got to walk in these towers that were from the 1200's!! I thought it was really amazing. The tiny staircases, the rooms.... We even went into the rooms where the prisoners were held. There are carvings all over the walls that the prisoners carved. It is amazing to think that people were in there that long ago!! I also got to see the crown jewels which were absolutely amazing!!! I am just so fascinated by the british monarchy, it was so cool! There is a monument outside that marks where many people were beheaded. Anne Bolyn being one of them. I think it is amazing that I stood in the exact spot that people were beheaded hundreds of years ago! There were guided tours of it, but we didn't have time for that. I really want to go back and get a guided tour!! I am for sure coming back. Later on in the day I also got to go on the London Eye!! I didn't think I would be able to, so it was a really nice surprise. I took tons of pictures so I will show you all when I get home! (I also took tons of pictures at the Tower of London) We had a curry dinner which was fantastic. After dinner we went on the Jack the Ripper tour!! That was also really cool to think that all of this happened right where we were standing over 100 years ago! Our tour guide for the Jack the Ripper tour was really nice and funny. I absolutely loved hearing him talk because of the accent! Also, it was really wierd, but he looks exactly like my dad!! Dad, I took a picture so you will be able to see how much he looks like you! Anyway, I should get going, but I am off to Paris tomorrow! I will hopefully be able to blog later, but I don't know if I will have internet access in France and Italy. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment